[ClusterLabs] trigger something at ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 02:15:13 EST 2024

On 01/02/2024 15:02, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:23:40 +0100
> lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> On 31/01/2024 17:13, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

>>> ok

>>> You just mentioned it breaks the replication, but there so little
>>> information about your architecture and configuration, it's impossible to
>>> imagine how this could break the replication.
>>>
>>> Could you add details about the issues ?

>>> I suppose "collocation" constraint is the way to go, not the "location"
>>> one.
>> This should be easy to replicate, 3 x VMs, Ubuntu 22.04 in
>> my case
> No, this is not easy to replicate. I have no idea how you setup your PostgreSQL
> replication, neither I have your full pacemaker configuration.
>
> Please provide either detailed setupS and/or ansible and/or terraform and/or
> vagrant, then a detailed scenario showing how it breaks. This is how you can
> help and motivate devs to reproduce your issue and work on it.
>
> I will not try to poke around for hours until I find an issue that might not
> even be the same than yours.
How about you start with the basics - strange inclination to
complicate things when they are not, I hear from you -
that's what I did while "stumbled" upon these "issues"
How about just:
a) do vanilla-default pgSQL in Ubuntu (or perhaps any other
OS of your choice), I use _pg_createcluster_
b) follow PAF official guide (a single PAF resource should
suffice)
Have a healthy pgSQL cluster, OS _reboot_ nodes - play with
that, all should be ok, moving around/electing master should
work a ok.
Then... add, play with "additional" co/location constraints,
then OS reboots,- things should begin braking.
I have 3-node HA cluster & 3-node PAF resource = 1 master +
2 slaves.
Only thing I deliberately set, to alleviate pgsql
replication was _wal_keep_size_ - I increased that, but this
is subjective.

It's fine with me if you don't feel like doing this.