[ClusterLabs] ethernet link up/down - ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 12:12:54 EST 2023

On 16/02/2022 10:37, Klaus Wenninger wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 5:25 PM lejeczek via Users
> <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:
>

>     On 07/02/2022 19:21, Antony Stone wrote:
>     > On Monday 07 February 2022 at 20:09:02, lejeczek via
>     Users wrote:
>     >
>     >> Hi guys
>     >>
>     >> How do you guys go about doing link up/down as a
>     resource?
>     > I apply or remove addresses on the interface, using
>     "IPaddr2" and "IPv6addr",
>     > which I know is not the same thing.
>     >
>     > Why do you separately want to control link up/down?
>     I can't think what I
>     > would use this for.
>
> Just out of curiosity and as I haven't seen an answer in
> the thread yet - maybe
> I overlooked something ...
> Is this to control some link-triggered redundancy setup
> with switches?

Revisiting my own question/thread.
Yes. Very close to what Klaus wondered - it's a device over
which I have no control and from that device perspective
it's simply - link is up then I'll "serve" it.
I've been thinking lowest possible layer shall be the safest
way - thus asked about controlling eth link that way:
down/up by means of electric power, ideally.
As opposed to ha-cluster calling some middle men such as
network managers.
I read some eth nics/drivers can power down a port.
Is there an agent & a way to do that?