[ClusterLabs] last man - issue

Michal Pospíšil (he / him) mpospisi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 07:04:21 EDT 2023

Hi lejeczek,

Unfortunately, that command shouldn't work in this situation. The problem
is that the cluster (corosync) is running. From the man page:

update [auto_tie_breaker=[0|1]] [last_man_standing=[0|1]]
[last_man_standing_window=[<time in ms>]] [wait_for_all=[0|1]]
             Add, remove or change quorum options. At least one option must
be specified. Unspecified options will be kept unchanged. If you wish to
remove an option, set it to  empty  value,  i.e.
             'option_name='. Options are documented in corosync's
votequorum(5) man page. *Requires the cluster to be stopped.*

The output looks correct. More inline...

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 at 13:44, lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org>
wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> That below should work, right?
>
> -> $ pcs quorum update last_man_standing=1 --skip-offline
> Checking corosync is not running on nodes...

Corosync cannot be running to perform the requested corosync.conf update.

Warning: Unable to connect to dzien (Failed to connect to dzien port 2224:
> No route to host)

Warning: dzien: Unable to check if corosync is not running

Because of `--skip-offline`, these two messages are warnings, not errors.

Error: swir: corosync is running
> Error: whale: corosync is running

Turns out corosync is running on two other nodes, this is why pcs refuses
to continue. You have to stop the cluster, unfortunately.

Error: Errors have occurred, therefore pcs is unable to continue

> if it should, why does it not or what else am I missing?
>
> many thanks, L

Cheers,
Michal
--