[ClusterLabs] newly created clone waits for off-lined node

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 10:15:53 EDT 2023

On 13/07/2023 17:33, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-07-12 at 21:08 +0200, lejeczek via Users wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I have a fresh new 'galera' clone and that one would not start &
>> cluster says:
>> INFO: Waiting on node <whale> to report database status before Master
>> instances can start.
>>
>> Is that only for newly created resources - which I guess it must be -
>> and if so then why?
>> Naturally, next question would be - how to make such resource start
>> in that very circumstance?
>>
>> many thank, L.
> That is part of the agent rather than Pacemaker. Looking at the agent
> code, it's based on a node attribute the agent sets, so it is only
> empty for newly created resources that haven't yet run on a node. I'm
> not sure if there's a way around it. (Anyone else have experience with
> that?)
any expert/devel would agree - this qualifies as a bug?
To add to my last message - mariadb starts a okey outside of
the cluster but also if I manually change
'safe_to_bootstrap' to '1' on any of the - in my case - two
nodes, then cluster will also start the clone ok.
But then... disable(seems that Galera cluster gets shut down
ok) & enable the clone and clone fails to start with those
errors as earlier - waiting for off-lined node - and leaving
the clone as 'Unpromoted'