[ClusterLabs] pcs update resource command not working

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 9 01:29:45 EDT 2021

Hi Team,

we have find the cause of this problem as per below changelog pcs resource update command doesn't support empty meta_attributes anymore.

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pcs/blob/0.9.169/CHANGELOG.md
pcs resource update does not create an empty meta_attributes element any more (rhbz#1568353)

[root at node01 testadmin]# pcs resource update SNMP_node01 user='' extra_options="-E /opt/occ/CXP/tools/PCSXXX.sh"

Later modified to below command it work for us.
[root at node01 testadmin]# pcs resource update SNMP_node01 user='root' extra_options="-E /opt/occ/CXP/tools/PCSXXX.sh"

But our problem we have disabled root user account by default , so we are not sure which user can be given here and if that given user account got disabled/password expire what will be impact of this cluster monitoring SNMP service and so on.

While doing pcs resource create SNMP with empty string for user attribute it work for us, One more difference we noticed.

Query:
        1) It is recommended to create SNMP ClusterMon resource type with empty user as attribute.
        2) if not , update resource with some user and that user account got disabled/password expire what will be impact of this cluster monitoring SNMP service and so on.

Thanks and Regards,
S Sathish