[ClusterLabs] colocation - but do not stop resources on failure

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 10:41:57 EDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-07-10 at 10:30 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> On 09/07/2019 20:26, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 11:21 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> > > hi guys,
> > >
> > > how to, if possible, create colocation which would not stop
> > > dependent
> > > resources if the target(that would be systemd agent) resource
> > > fails
> > > on
> > > all nodes?
> > >
> > > many thanks, L.
> >
> > Sure, just use a finite score. Colocation is mandatory if the score
> > is
> > INFINITY (or -INFINITY for anti-colocation), otherwise it's a
> > preference rather than a requirement.
>
> so simple, fantastic, many! thanks.
>
> Can already existing constraint be changed/updated, maybe similarly
> how resource can? I'm thumbing through man pages but fail to find an
> answer.

Yes, but it depends on what configuration interface you're using
(cibadmin / crm / pcs / etc.), so keep thumbing. ;) You want to change
the score on an existing constraint, or if the tool doesn't offer that,
drop the old one and add a new (you can do that in a batch file, or put
the cluster into maintenance mode first, to avoid any resource
shuffling while you're doing it).
--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>