[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Gracefully stop nodes one by one with disk-less sbd

Roger Zhou ZZhou at suse.com
Mon Aug 12 04:55:47 EDT 2019

On 8/12/19 2:48 PM,  Ulrich Windl  wrote:
> Nachricht <217d10d8-022c-eaf6-28ae-a4f58b2f97af at gmail.com>:
>> 09.08.2019 16:34, Yan Gao пишет:

[...]

>> Lack of cluster wide shutdown mode was mentioned more than once on this
>> list. I guess the only workaround is to use higher level tools which
>> basically simply try to stop cluster on all nodes at once.

I try to think of ssh/pssh to the involved nodes and stop diskless SBD
daemons.  However, SBD is not able to be teared down on it own. It is
deeply tied up with pacemaker and corosync and has to be stop all
together. Or, to hack SBD dependency otherwise.

>> It is still
>> susceptible to race condition.
>
> Are there any concrete plans to implement a clean solution?

I can think of Yet Another Feature to disable diskless SBD on-purpose.
eg. to let SBD understands "stonith-enabled=false" at the cluster wide.

Cheers,
Roger